Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No, I’m Not Undecided. I’ve Just Decided That I Have No Clue What I Want To Do.

Again the time has come for me to start registering for another semester of classes at the lovely UMHB. I met with my advisor yesterday, only to experience the same anxieties that overwhelmed me last semester at about this time. I get all nervous thinking about how to tell my advisor that despite having been through a whole other semester I still have yet to decide upon a major. Then, comes having to discuss which classes I intend on taking next year. This process gets harder with each passing semester. At first it was pretty easy. All I had to do was fill my schedule with the basics, nothing degree specific, piece of cake. But, unfortunately I am quickly running out of required courses. In fact, that plan of action is not gonna cut it any more. So, where does that leave me?

I think the most frustrating part is looking around and seeing everyone else with a plan, feeling like I’m so behind in the game. They all have something to work towards, but I’m just kinda going along, waiting for God to show me what I’m supposed to do with my life. I’ve asked myself all of the questions: What am I good at? What am I passionate about? etc. etc. But, honestly I don’t know the answers to any of those questions. I don’t feel like I have any exceptional gifts or talents, and I’m not sure what my passion is in life. So, where does that leave me?

For several years now God has spoken to my heart through the book of Jeremiah. He continues to reaffirm to me that He knows the plans He has for my life. Sometimes I just feel like maybe I’m missing something. I know I’m only 19 years old, but I’m quickly approaching that time in my life where I’m gonna have to start making some big decisions, even bigger than what classes to sign up for next semester. I want to do something with purpose, something that matters. I just have no clue what that is, and no clue how to figure it out. So, where does that leave me?

I’ll be registering for classes in two days. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment