Friday, June 11, 2010

"I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms"


I spent my first week full-time with Nathaniel, everyday from 8 to 5 (sometimes 6 or 7). Here is somewhat of a recap of what my week was like. The following is a list of what my days consist of.

-video games
-episode after episode of iCarly (Nickelodeon must be gettin desperate cause i swear that is the only show they play on that channel)
-hotwheels
-board games
-puzzles puzzles puzzles!
-webkins.com (apparently it's the new online phenomenon amongst youngsters these days)
-the McDonalds play gym
-slip n' slide
-soccer
-using pvc pipe guns to shoot marshmallows at the dogs
-crafts
-easy-mac, poptarts, cheetos, corndogs, chicken nuggets and sno cones (he eats more than I do. I didn't know that was possible.)
-saying things like "please don't throw that ball at anything breakable," as it ricochets off a window and flies up towards the ceiling fan.


I will now leave you with an anecdote from the week.

After finishing his chicken nuggets at McDonald's, Nathaniel informed me that he was ready for dessert. The two of us went up to the counter and I asked the cashier for an ice cream cone. I looked down to see a horrified look on Nathaniel's face. When I asked what was wrong, he said, "well, that's not all I wanted!" Thinking that I must have misheard his original request, I asked again what exactly he would like. His response was, "I didn't just want a cone. I wanted ice cream on it too!"

I love 5 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment